Thanks to all of you who have sent kind words to me after I didn’t win the big prize for my book, The Outsider. Reading your e-mails has been like winning lots of little prizes of friendship. And what better prizes can a person win! So thank you for being a blessing.
You know, there are so many times when we can bless the people around us just by smiling or doing a favor or speaking that encouraging word. Unfortunately there are also times when we pass up those moments, when we’re cranky and ill tempered with the people we love the most. Maybe because we know they’ll forgive us, and because hardly any of us can be happy and nice all the time. There’s one lady at my church who comes very close. She has sweetness and kindness cornered. She’s my role model. My Barnabas. You know Barnabas in the Bible. He was the one who was always ready to help somebody. To be a friend.
So here are some friendship quotes on this rainy day Wednesday when you might need a little sunshine. I hope you have a whole bouquet of friends and plenty of reason to smile.
- You can make more friends in two months by becoming interested in other people than you can in two years by trying to get other people interested in you.~ Dale Carnegie
- To know someone here or there with whom you can feel there is understanding in spite of distances or thoughts expressed. That can make life a garden.~ Goethe
- Am I not destroying my enemies when I make friends of them?~ Abraham Lincoln
- Friends are the sunshine of life. ~ John Hay
- Friends are the angels who lift us to our feet when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly. – Anonymous
I almost forgot to let you know the winner of my latest book giveaway. It’s Martha from Wisconsin. She won the book Hidden by Shelley Shepard Gray and chose my book, Angels at the Crossroads because that was the only book of mine she hadn’t already read. That was definitely an encouraging word for me from Martha. So, Martha, if you’re reading this, the books are in the mail. Hope you enjoy them.I’ll be starting a new giveaway in a few weeks. I’m planning to give away a couple of copies of my new book, The Believer, every month this summer. I’ll be posting details on when to sign up in a couple of weeks. Thanks to all of you who entered the giveaway. Wish I could send you all a book, but maybe next time it’ll be your name that I draw out of the hat. Have a great rest of the week.