Are you a glass half full or half empty type of person? I want to alway see my glass as half full and the truth of the matter is that my cup is most always running over and as someone more poetic than me once said, “I’m drinking out of the saucer.” I read another take on that from another wise person. That person said if your cup is running over, set it in somebody else’s saucer for a while. Blessings are to be shared.
So I’m sharing one with you today. I got my first copy of The Outsider in the mail today. It’s always an exciting moment when a writer holds that finished book in her hand and imagines that lots and lots of people are going to do the same. That they’re going to read my book and enjoy my story and love my characters. At least the ones they’re supposed to love. That’s the optimist in a writer. And I can stay optimistic for several months before I actually know for sure how the book is selling. Actually I think the cover on The Outsider is so great that it may sell the book all by itself. The model is beautiful just as Gabrielle in the book is beautiful and in another odd coincidence her name is Tasha (I think) Schmidt and my daughter’s married name is Tarasa Schmidt. Plus Tarasa could have modeled for Gabrielle too. She’s just as beautiful.
But now back to the optimist theme I’m supposed to be writing about. Here are some fun and wise sayings about optimism.
- An optimist is a man who, instead of feeling sorry he cannot pay his bills, is glad he is not one of his creditors.
- Optimism: A cheerful frame of mind that enables a teakettle to sing though in hot water up to its nose.
- Since the house is on fire let us warm ourselves. Italian saying
- If you count the sunny and the cloudy days of the whole year, you will find that the sunshine predominates. (But maybe not in February in Kentucky. Tarasa counted one year.)
- An optimist is one who believes that a fly is looking for a way to get out.
- An optimist is one who sends a package by parcel post and marks it “rush.”
Hope you have a running over cup of optimism this week. Talk to you this weekend. And I’ll probably be getting more of my books next week so I’ll be doing my drawing then for the copy of The Outsider. Still time to get in the drawing if you send me an e-mail. If you’re a true optimist you’ll think you’re going to win, and if I’m a true optimist, I’ll think you’ll buy the book anyway even if you don’t win the drawing. 😉