Things we can learn from our dogs about how to get along in the world —
1. When a loved one comes home, always run to greet them.
2. Allow the experience of fresh air and the wind in your face to be pure ecstacy.
3. Take naps and stretch before rising. (My husband likes taking this advice.)
4. Avoid biting when a simple growl will do.
5. No matter how often you’re scolded, don’t buy into the guilt thing and pout. Run right back and make friends.
6. Be loyal.
7. If what you want lies buried, dig until you find it. (Great advice for writers.)
8. If someone is having a bad day, be silent, sit close by and nuzzle them gently.
I’m a dog lover and there’s nothing that can pick up my mood better than a dog giving me that “you’re the best person in the world” look. Hope you all have somebody or some pet looking at you that way today.